Bear Paw Guidelines
To keep us Safe and Happy !
1. Speed Limit is a maximum of 20 mph. This is for the safety of everyone. In this unique community we have privilege to drive golf carts, bikes and other vehicles to which the speed limit applies. There are many joggers, walkers and children playing. The roads are narrow and there are many blind turns.
2. Fire Safety – Only YOU can prevent Forest Fires
a. Never burn open fires during dry conditions due to the risk of wildfires. Always attend any fire.
b. Fireworks that explode or project into the air are illegal in North Carolina therefore illegal in Bear Paw.
c. Never a throw trash, cigarettes, hot coals or any incendiary material into the woods. Dispose of properly.
3. Be courteous to your neighbors. Do not play Loud Music that would disturb your neighbors or others in common areas i.e. playground pool.
4. Park in designated areas. Do not block your neighbor’s driveway or obstruct the roadways with vehicles or trailers.
5. Pool and tennis courts are available for property owners, their guests and renters. No alcohol, no smoking and no glass containers around the pool. No climbing on the rocks or jumping off the to rocks or roof. Bear Paw will not be responsible for any injuries resulting from violations of these rules.
6. Mountain View Marina closes at 7 p.m. in season and is closed Dec. thru March. There is no fishing or swimming allowed at the marina.
7. Keep our clubhouse clean and secure. Please turn off all lights and lock the doors when you are the last one leaving . Put tables and chairs back where you found them and clean up after yourself. Do not let unattended children play inside. Report any problems to the office 644-0808.
May your time here be filled with happy memories.
Please be Advised
Crisp Paving will begin today Oct 12, 2020.
Road locations to be as follows:
Cherokee Dr., Lakeview Dr., Village Rd., Nantahala and Overlook Dr.
COVID 19 Advisory
October 8th, 2020
Dear Bear Paw Residents:
Some of you might already be aware that one of our guards, JC Graham, has tested positive for COVID-19. Currently, JC is in quarantine at home and seems to be doing well. As a result, all guard staff, Emily Bryant, and I have been tested and are awaiting results. An update will be forthcoming.
As of this advisory, all who are awaiting test results are asymptomatic.
Until further notice, we are requesting that no one visit the gatehouse on a social basis. Please direct any inquiries about Bear Paw staff to me or Emily at the management office.
Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation. Be well and stay safe.
Mitch Price, Manager
Bear Paw Service District
Need to Contact us for ideas, concerns, questions?
Fill out the form below and submit.
A Special Recreation and Service District Ratified by the State of North Carolina that formally services the common properties