Bear Paw Guidelines
To keep us Safe and Happy !
1. Speed Limit is a maximum of 20 mph. This is for the safety of everyone. In this unique community we have privilege to drive golf carts, bikes and other vehicles to which the speed limit applies. There are many joggers, walkers and children playing. The roads are narrow and there are many blind turns.
2. Fire Safety – Only YOU can prevent Forest Fires
a. Never burn open fires during dry conditions due to the risk of wildfires. Always attend any fire.
b. Fireworks that explode or project into the air are illegal in North Carolina therefore illegal in Bear Paw.
c. Never a throw trash, cigarettes, hot coals or any incendiary material into the woods. Dispose of properly.
3. Be courteous to your neighbors. Do not play Loud Music that would disturb your neighbors or others in common areas i.e. playground pool.
4. Park in designated areas. Do not block your neighbor’s driveway or obstruct the roadways with vehicles or trailers.
5. Pool and tennis courts are available for property owners, their guests and renters. No alcohol, no smoking and no glass containers around the pool. No climbing on the rocks or jumping off the to rocks or roof. Bear Paw will not be responsible for any injuries resulting from violations of these rules.
6. Mountain View Marina closes at 7 p.m. in season and is closed Dec. thru March. There is no fishing or swimming allowed at the marina.
7. Keep our clubhouse clean and secure. Please turn off all lights and lock the doors when you are the last one leaving . Put tables and chairs back where you found them and clean up after yourself. Do not let unattended children play inside. Report any problems to the office 644-0808.
May your time here be filled with happy memories.
HIWASSEE DAM ACCESS ROAD CLOSING
MARCH 21, 2018 – AUGUST 3, 2018
The NC Department of Transportation has informed me that beginning at
8:00 am on March 21, 2018 Hiwassee Dam Access Road (Route SR 1314) will be closed to all traffic at the intersection of NC 294 to replace the bridge on South Shoal Creek. It will open re-open no later than Friday, August 3, 2018.
Road closed signs will be placed on NC 294 at the intersection of Hiwassee Dam Road. The Detour Route will be Lower Bear Paw Road and Upper Bear Paw Road.
If traveling from Murphy on NC 294 you will turn Right on Upper Bear Paw Road and follow it all the way to Hiwassee Access Road. Turn right on Hiwassee Road to Bear Paw Service District.
If traveling on Hiwassee Road from Tennessee you will pass Hiwassee Dam Road and proceed toward Murphy. Turn Left on Upper Bear Paw Road, follow it to the Hiwassee Dam intersection and turn Right to Bear Paw Service District.
If traveling on Hiwassee Dam Road from Bear Paw Service District back toward Murphy Detour Signs will be in place to direct you NC 294.
Further updates will be posted on the Bear Paw Service District web site as we receive them. As always if you have any questions do not hesitate to call the office or drop me an email.
Need to Contact us for ideas, concerns, questions?
Fill out the form below and submit.
A Special Recreation and Service District Ratified by the State of North Carolina that formally services the common properties
Disclaimer: The information provided in the website is for information purposes only and does not obligate the BPPOA in any way. The information is not authoritative and is not to be considered definitive in any manner. The BPPOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of the website though the BPPOA will strive to update information as it becomes available.